- 2 ea Eggplants
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 3 ea Roasted Garlic Cloves
- 2 ea Lemons
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
- to taste Salt & Peppetr
- to taste Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- garnish Paprika
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut a shallow slit along the side of the eggplant and place into a baking dish.
3. Roast in preheated oven on the lower rack until the eggplant is completely shrunken and soft, about 40 minutes. Move dish to a higher rack and continue baking until the skin is charred, about 5 minutes more. Let eggplant cool until cool enough to handle.
4. Peel and discard skin from eggplant. Put eggplant into a bowl; add tahini, garlic, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and salt. Stir until ingredients are evenly mixed. Drizzle olive oil over the Baba Ganoush and garnish with parsley.
Southwestern Black Bean Salad
- 1/2 cup small dice Red Onions
- 1⁄2 cup small dice Green Peppers
- 1⁄2 cup small dice Red Peppers
- 3 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 lbs bag Frozen Corn
- 2 15 oz Cans Black Beans
- 1⁄4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup Olive Oil
- to taste Salt & Pepper
1. Small dice onions, and peppers.
2. Sauté corn with minced garlic.
3. Strain Black Beans and mix all ingredients together. Store in refrigerator.
- 4 bunches Kale
- 1 to 3 tsp Olive oil
- 1 – 2 dashes Sea Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Rip Kale into chip size pieces.
3. Lightly coat with olive oil and salt.
4. Place kale on a baking tray. Pieces should be close together but not be touching.
5. Put kale in oven and bake between 4-8 minutes
Protein Granola Bars
- 3 cups Oats
- 1 cup Oat, Quinoa, or Brown Rice Flour
- 2 cup Diced Dried Apples
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup Sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 cup Maple Syrup
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
Add wet ingredients to dry; mix together.
Coat baking pan with butter or oil. Evenly pour and spread mixture into pan.
Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 mins or until firm and golden.
1 1/2 cups, plus 1 tablespoon white whole wheat flour, divided
3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw if frozen)
Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a standard muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners, then coat the liners with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, Baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients to the well, then carefully stir by hand, just until blended.
Gently toss the blueberries with the remaining 1 tablespoon flour, then fold them into the batter, leaving any excess flour in the bottom of the bowl. (This will prevent the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.)
Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven, and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.